WDCXFM Radio interview for book Born Again Afresh

Listen to internet radio with MIEE Christian talkradio on Blog Talk Radio

Can God trust you?

Listen to internet radio with MIEE Christian talkradio on Blog Talk Radio

You have been commanded-"Fathers day special"

Listen to internet radio with MIEE Christian talkradio on Blog Talk Radio

Born Again "Afresh" this book is now available at Amazon.com, authorhouse.com, barnesandnoble.com

Born Again "Afresh" this book is now available at Amazon.com, authorhouse.com, barnesandnoble.com
How struggling Christians can get back on track By Memory Bengesa

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Kin to Comfort.....

We all have that one or two if not three cousin’s that you generally don’t get too excited to see-sometimes! My long-distance 6 times removed cousin Comfort came to visit me some years ago, I remember it as though it was yesterday, when comfort showed up at my door-step unannounced I was in a bit of a surprise as there was no warning or call made so I had to quickly accommodate, after the day of visit it seemed that Comfort was in no rush to moving on to the official destination, sooner than later days turned into months and of a sudden it seemed that Comfort was there to stay! I really realized why I did not care too much for Comfort because ever since the first day Comfort worked hard to sway me into the same path of stagnation, when I had-had enough I put my foot down and gave Comfort an ultimatum! It was not easy because that is still my relative but I had to do what I had to do in order to succeed, I realized why my mother warned me against Comfort, after I sent comfort packing I realized that the family rumor of Comfort was true, majority of my family will not let Comfort stay in their homes not even over-night because of the known habit of stealing, after I sent comfort packing I realized my health was gone (stopped going to the gym-gained weight), my bottle of motivation was missing (My writing stopped), my drawer full of hope (Seeing past the present in my writing and seeing the done project) was also gone and lets not even talk about my purse of bliss! Not only did Comfort come into my life to take from what I had worked hard for but I literary felt as though I had to start all over again which was painful as I had worked hard to obtaining hope, weight-loss, motivation and bliss, after comfort left ironically enough my favorite first cousin Uncomfortable showed up, at this time I was reluctant to even entertaining any more family after my ordeal with Comfort but! Uncomfortable had a way of always making me feel so in a sense I embraced Uncomfortable, I remember when I initially met Uncomfortable, I could not get a good sense but I can tell you the feeling of getting used to Uncomfortable was not easy-but throughout life I have come to terms with the fact the Uncomfortable is going to be Uncomfortable and its either you like it or not and I chose to like it, So! Uncomfortable came in for a day as well and over-stayed the welcome but I could tolerate Uncomfortable because of all the great life lessons Uncomfortable taught me, at first I felt as though I could not relate with Uncomfortable but when Uncomfortable started to show me my own strength by believing in me I felt very confident, Uncomfortable has been patient by teaching me one step at a time-truth be told between you and I -I initially did not like Uncomfortable-I despised Uncomfortable but after spending lots of time with Uncomfortable-Uncomfortable is starting to grow on me…..so-much-so that I have even asked Uncomfortable to be my permanent roommate. Ladies and Gentleman! If you want great success in your life’s endeavor it is time for you to part ways with your long-distance cousin Comfort and reach out to your first cousin Uncomfortable and let Uncomfortable take you through the barriers of Comfort, Uncomfortable will bring out the inner strength you never knew off that will help you attain your endeavor, remember if you let Comfort over-stay the welcome then you stand to have your life’s endeavor stolen and if you are not too careful Comfort’s twin “Laziness” will show up and then you really will face challenges attaining your endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment